22 Aug 5 SEO Tips for Beginners
At this point, online companies cannot afford to avoid search engine optimization. It is the number one method for gaining visibility online; plus, it is totally worth it, financially speaking. SEO leads cost a full 61% less than outbound leads, and analytic studies have shown that SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate. The fact is that people mostly start their searches through a search engine (93%, actually), and as any SEO expert will tell you, their strategy is specially tailored to those search algorithms.
SEO doesn’t just make itself, though. It’s up to you and an SEO company to optimize the optimization strategy. Check out these tips for making the most of content marketing.
- Make sure your most important keywords are located where they will get the most attention — in the site title, domain name, description, tagline, keywords, blog categories, and page titles, as well as the content. Luckily, if you use WordPress, you can easily change these in the Settings category.
- Make sure to use a permalink structure that will include keywords. They are way easier for browsers to remember and come back to. Some URL structures automatically use numbers to identify pages (www.teacups.com/792479), but you should make sure to have the URL include text (www.teacups.com/minttea)
- Don’t let anything bog down your site! Fast load times are imperative. When you think about how 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results when browsing the web, it should come as no surprise that those same browsers have no patients for slowly loading pages.
- Use keywords everywhere — even in your images. Include the relevant images in your image title, descriptions, and captions.
- Update, update, update! Sites with dynamic content will rank higher than those with static content, and you should constantly adjust keywords for your audience. Content should be consistently flowing in.
Consult an SEO expert at an SEO firm for more advice, particularly when it comes to updates. SEO experts keep an eye on search engine algorithm changes, as well as to other industry news that could affect the visibility of your company.