07 Feb Don’t Overlook the Role of Good Web Design in Detroit
For most people, a business> website is the portal through which they learn about, engage with, and support the organization. Therefore, a well-designed website can be the linchpin to a successful digital marketing plan.
Discover why web design is so important in digital marketing and what a business can do to optimize its web design for the best outcomes.
Why Is Good Detroit Web Design So Important in Digital Marketing?
2021 survey by Visual Objects found that 76% of U.S. consumers search for a local business’ website before visiting its physical location, and a “strong online presence” could sway half of them into stepping through the doors. These findings reveal not only that websites help build a business, but that well-designed websites do it better. Here’s why:
- Brand identity: A business’ brand identity refers to all of the visual elements it chooses to cultivate a desired image. These elements include logos, colors, shapes, and typography, all of which a business conveys through its website.
- First impressions: For many consumers, a website is their first point of contact with a business. If they aren’t immediately impressed with what they see, they may lose interest and take their clientele elsewhere.
- Trust: The quality of a website often inspires beliefs about the integrity of the associated business. Often, consumers associate high-quality sites with trustworthy organizations.
- Conversions: A conversion is any time a user performs a desired action on a website, like subscribing to a newsletter or making a purchase. The components of a business’ branding inform users’ first impressions, a positive first impression leads to trust, and consumers are likelier to support a business they find trustworthy.
The Essential Components of Effective Web Design in Digital Marketing
Though every well-designed business website conveys the unique qualities of its brand, they also embody common features and practices. To realize the advantages mentioned above, a website should encompass these characteristics:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is the process of increasing the visibility of a website. Good web design promotes easy scanning by both users and search engines, thus encouraging more page visits, facilitating longer page sessions, and improving search engine ranking.
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
Once a user reaches a business’ website, myriad factors influence whether they become a conversion. For example:
- Colors on the page.
- Clarity of the content.
- Calls to action.
- Ease of navigation.
CRO is all about fine-tuning these aspects to increase the likelihood of conversions.
Friendly User Experience (UX)
The UX should be as pleasant as possible because satisfaction begets conversions. Here are a few measures that can help optimize the UX of a website:
- Using simple layouts.
- Simplifying navigation.
- Optimizing for multiple platforms, including mobile.
- Increasing page speed.
Consistency in Branding
Brand consistency means aligning brand identity, image, and messaging across all marketing efforts. Remember, a website is the first point of contact for most consumers. Ensuring that the site represents the same values conveyed through other channels can reinforce the brand and prevent confusion.
An integrated approach to web design, SEO, and digital marketing can help a business get ahead in its competitive landscape. Brown Box Branding specializes in understanding the nuances of a brand and tailoring such services accordingly for optimal SEO performance and conversions.