12 Sep The Top 3 SEO Myths You Probably Still Believe
The Top 3 SEO Myths You Probably Still Believe
Understanding the industry of SEO is no easy feat. And if you’ve already decided to work with an SEO company, you probably already know that search engine optimization is paramount to the success of your business.
What you might not know is that some of the most common SEO “facts” are really just myths! Here are just a few of the top SEO myths that shady SEO services want small business owners to believe:
- Myth: The more keywords you use, the better your SEO will be.
- Truth: Using a bunch of awkward keywords without paying attention to grammar at all is a practice called keyword stuffing, and it’s something that good SEO services will avoid. Google’s web crawlers can detect when websites over-use keywords in unnatural sentences and these websites are penalized according to the latest algorithm. You’ll want to make sure that your website has a keyword placed on a webpage at least once if you want to get a ranking for it, even if it sounds a little awkward in a sentence. Try to avoid stuffing this keyword into too many blog posts or meta tag descriptions.
- Myth: Google hates SEO companies because they try to manipulate the system.
- Truth: Google doesn’t hate SEO services in general; it only hates the services that use sketchy Black Hat SEO strategies. It actually provides small businesses with tips on maximizing their SEO, because the company knows that these businesses are just as important as big companies to local search users.
- Myth: The faster you get #1 keyword ranking spots, the better.
- Truth: SEO should be thought of like a marathon; when you make sure that you’ve crossed all your T’s and dotted all your I’s, you’ll have better results in the long run. If you’re hoping to get immediate conversion rates to increase, consider working with an SEO service that also handles paid search advertising. And if you’re thinking about working with an SEO service because it has promised to get you to those top ranked spots in 30 days, consider looking elsewhere!
Considering that there are approximately 27 million pieces of content shared online each day and over 100 billion searches performed worldwide each month, it’s no surprise that businesses have spent around $118 billion on content marketing alone in the past year. When you’ve decided to look for the best SEO service, remember that an open and honest internet marketing expert will make sure you know the real story about search engine optimization!